Total Health Packs for Weight Loss
Plus Top Ten Fat Burning Tips
If your body is lacking any specific nutrient it cannot distinguish between a deficiency and starvation because, to your body, if you are lacking nutrients you are starving. When your body goes into starvation mode it goes into conservation mode, which means it will store food as fat instead of burning it for energy.
To successfully and permanently lose weight, the cells of the body must be given enough nutrition so that they are totally satisfied and will freely release their stored fat.
If you are lacking nutrients, your body will send signals such as hunger or cravings in an effort to encourage you to ingest those nutrients it is lacking. It is common to fulfil these demands with inappropriate foods or quantities of food, which will add excess calories that you cannot burn. This results in more fat storage.
In an ideal world you would get all of your nutrients from your food. But unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world. In order to meet your nutrient requirements, taking just one or two isolated nutrients or a low quality and/or low dose daily multivitamin/mineral will not be beneficial at all. You need a high quality, completely balanced supplement program in dosages that can actually produce desirable results.
The Total Health Pack far exceeds these requirements.
Nutrients in the Total Health Packs that are
SPECIFIC to Weight Loss
Vitamin B Complex
Your body needs lots of B vitamins to maintain a proper metabolism and most people are very depleted. B vitamins are water soluble so you need to replenish them daily.
All highly processed foods and all foods containing sugar (including alcohol) are pure carbohydrates that do not contain any vitamins, minerals or enzymes to aid their digestion. They take nutrient supplies, including the B vitamins, from other parts of the body depleting those storage areas.
Note: All 11 B vitamins are supplied in the Total Health Pack.
Vitamin C (preferred form is calcium ascorbate which is a buffered vitamin C)
Because vitamin C is a ‘stress vitamin’ it is used up very easily with daily tensions and frustrations. The more stress you are under the more vitamin C you use up. Therefore you need to replenish your supply daily.
Large concentrations of vitamin C are found in the adrenal glands which are responsible for producing your hormones, including progesterone which helps you burn fat.
The hormones secreted by your adrenal glands closely affect the utilization of carbohydrates and fats, the conversion of fats and proteins into energy, and the distribution of stored fat (especially around your waist).
You need vitamin C to make thyroxin, one of your thyroid hormones.
Note: There is 900 mg of calcium ascorbate and 180 mg of bioflavanoids in each Total Health Pack.
How much vitamin C should you take?
By studying animals we can begin to understand human requirements. Your pet cat, dog or budgie can make their own vitamin C every day. A 154 lb animal will make 10,000 mg of vitamin C daily and if under stress, they will produce more. But sadly humans do not make their own vitamin C so you need to obtain it through food and supplementation.
That is why I believe that in the case of vitamin C, more is better than less. Ideally you would take a minimum of 1,000 mg twice a day.
**A Bit More About Stress
Because your abdominal area has a greater blood supply, it’s a big target for the stress hormone cortisol. When you’re under constant pressure (whether family or work-related stress), cortisol levels remain high and your body deposits more fat on and around your abs.
There are many stress reduction techniques including meditation, exercise and journaling. From a supplement point of view you can use Passionflower and/or GABA to block excess cortisol (these products can be found in the online store at www.BrendaEastwood.com ).
Also, focus on the right fats. Eat “good fats” from sources like olive oil, coconut oil, hemp, fatty fish, nuts and seeds and supplement with omega-3.
Omega 3 reduces the output of another stress hormone called adrenaline, which ultimately results in less abdominal fat.
Note: There is an Omega 3 (from salmon oil) supplement in each Total Health Pack available.
This helps in a more subtle way. Vitamin D helps to keep your serotonin up which is helpful because when your serotonin drops, you crave sweets to boost your energy and mood.
Note: There is 500 IU of vitamin D3 in each Total Health Pack.
Magnesium and Calcium
If you don’t sleep properly, weight loss is hampered. The magnesium in the Total Health Pack directs the calcium to places that it is needed (without magnesium, calcium goes to places such as your joints and arteries or forms kidney stones) and calms the nervous system. This is beneficial for improving sleep. It will also help prevent excess cortisol production which is responsible for creating belly fat.
Note: Each Total Health Pack provides properly balanced calcium and magnesium in the citrate form.
Green Tea Extract
Toxins create free radicals which damage cells so that they cannot burn fat efficiently. Green tea extract is an antioxidant that protects your cells and helps reverse free radical damage. Green Tea Extract has also been proven to boost metabolism.
Note: Each Total Health Pack contains 400 mg of Green Tea Extract.
MSM is healing for all cells. MSM assists nutrients entering the cells where they are needed and helps flush toxins out. By restoring cell permeability, MSM plays a critical role in balancing blood sugars and reducing insulin resistance.
Note: There is 1,000 mg of MSM in each Total Health Pack.
Helps lower insulin levels.
Note: There is 35 mcg of chromium in each Total Health Pack.
**A Bit About Insulin
Belly fat is also associated with eating a diet high in sugar. Refined carbohydrates spike your blood sugar, leading to higher insulin levels in your body. The increased insulin levels cause fat to be deposited more prevalently in and around your belly, rather than other areas of the body.
Eating a low carbohydrate diet can reduce belly fat. Plus, nutrients such as MSM and Chromium help lower insulin which in turn helps reduce fat on your belly.
Brenda’s Top Ten Fat Burning Tips
- Drink at least 8 – 8 oz glasses of filtered water a day. Your body needs water for every single function it does.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes five times per week. Include some form of strength training several times a week. Muscle burns fat (even at rest).
- Eat protein for breakfast. Putting protein in your mouth first at any meal stimulates a release of glucagon which burns fat; putting a carbohydrate in your mouth first stimulates a release of insulin which stores fat. Note: If you like eggs then eat them. Contrary to popular beliefs, eating 2 organic eggs every day will NOT increase your cholesterol.
- Sleep at least 6-8 hours every night. The time you spend sleeping is when your body does the most work repairing and rejuvenating.
- Eat at least 3 balanced meals per day. Absolutely NO skipping meals. Always have a healthy snack on hand so you aren’t tempted by a vending machine or drive-thru. Eat enough protein throughout the day at every meal and snack.
- No eating after 7:30 PM. Give your body a chance to burn fat instead of burning up the food you eat late at night.
- Eat two cups of vegetables every day. You can eat the following but they do not count as part of your two cup quota: lettuce, potato, peas, corn and mushrooms. Veggies give you more fat burning nutrients and keep you full and satisfied.
- Eliminate all artificial sweeteners, ie: no splenda, aspartame, diet pop, as well as High Fructose Corn Syrup (also known as Glucose/Fructose). They create cravings for more refined and sugary foods.
- Create sugar free days. Sugar being anything that comes in processed food such as cookies, cakes, coke, chocolate, candy, etc. Your goal should be to have 4-5 sugar free days per week.
- Don’t drink unnecessary calories. Avoid pop, juice, fancy coffee drinks and alcohol. Alcohol is pure sugar and unfortunately ends up as fat on your stomach. Every alcoholic beverage that you have will slow down your weight loss results. If you are going to drink, keep it to a maximum of 2 glasses of wine or two cocktails no more than two times per week.
For a full list of the nutrients contained in each Total Health Pack please view the Ingredients Here
Coaching on these and other health issues are provided through my Inner Circle coaching program. For details visit www.BrendaEastwood.com
The information made available in this article is provided for educational or reference purposes only. Nutritional Therapy and/or Coaching is not intended as a diagnosis, treatment, prescription, or cure for any disease, mental or physical, and is not intended as a substitute for regular medical care.
Copyright Brenda Eastwood 2012 – “**Total Health Packs for Weight Loss**”
MaximumResults@shaw.ca www.BrendaEastwood.com www.TotalHealthPack.com
Would you like to use this article in your E-zine or website? You may, as long as you include this complete write-up with it: Brenda Eastwood is a holistic health expert who specializes in Women’s Health Issues. Her expertise stems from over 30 years experience as a Registered Nutritional Consulting Practitioner. This includes ongoing research, 17 years running a successful private practice, presenting hundreds of seminars and workshops, as well as coaching clients through her unique on-line Inner Circle program. For more information on Brenda Eastwood and the Inner Circle program please visit www.BrendaEastwood.com or for information on her Total Health Packs visit www.TotalHealthPack.com